Having pet is one of life’s greatest pleasures. For some people, going home to their beloved pet is one of the best moments of their day. However, when it comes to what pet they have, a lot of people prefer cats. It is not difficult to see why. Cats do not need walking, unlike dogs, they do not require much attention, and when you need to snuggle with a furry little thing, you can use them. With that being said, cats are one of the most popular pets in the world.
Owning a cat, on the other hand, is more complicated than non-owners may think. I do not say complicated as in hard, but it is a responsibility, and there are a few factors you need to consider. For example, just like any other pet, the cat needs a place where it can do its business. Dogs do it outside, but cats need their special place inside the house. As you may already know, I am referring to a cat litter box. However, people tend to make their life easier, which is why they invest in a self-cleaning litter box. It is cleaner and more convenient. Who wouldn’t prefer it?
What is a self-cleaning litter box?
Now, you may be familiar with a simple litter box, but this may be the first time you have ever heard of a self-cleaning litter box. If that is the case, let me tell you how it works. A self-cleaning litter box has a mechanism that removes the feces for you. Usually, it is you who has to do the scooping and remove the waste. However, a self-cleaning litter box will do the scooping itself. There is more than one design of such a product. Some of them use a comb-like mechanism and push the waste into a container or a plastic bag, while others flush the waste into the house’s sewage system. Your choice depends on your preferences or on your budget. As you can imagine, a self-flushing litter box is not the cheapest thing you could buy. Aside from the flushing litter box, all other design will still require you to empty the container or bag once in a while, but at least you do not have to do it daily. Also, cats that do not like their ‘place of business’ to be dirty will be very grateful.
The benefits of a self-cleaning litter box
Many people were overjoyed when they found out of the existence of such a litter box. Nobody can blame them. Scooping for feces in a litter box is not the most enjoyable experience. However, there are other advantages as well. Here are a few.
- You no longer have to deal with the mess. That is the best advantage of all. Scooping for cat feces will be a thing of the past. Worst case scenario is that you empty the collection container once a
- You do not have to worry about the cat litter box every single day. Since the litter box cleans itself and pushes the waste into the collection area, you do not have to tend to it every day. It depends on the design, but you usually have to deal with the whole thing once a week. That is more than ideal if you ask me.
- Some people like cats, but do not enjoy the litter box. Some of them teach their cats to do its business outside, but it is always better if you have a place inside your home. Otherwise, where is the cat supposed to go when you are not there? For example, germophobes like cats because they are clean animals. But once they have to touch the litter box…let’s just say that they do not enjoy it as much.
- A self-cleaning litter box will get rid of the odor as well. Once the waste sits it will produce a horrible smell. It is like with humans who do not flush. The waste just sits there, and naturally, it smells bad. Once you invest in a self-cleaning litter box, it will be like you do not even own a cat.
- Last but not least, it is the best idea for pregnant women and people who have a compromised immune system. I believe you have heard of toxoplasmosis, right? If not, let me just tell you that it is an awful infection that can affect not only a pregnantwoman but the baby inside her as well. One of the causes of toxoplasmosis is the contact of a pregnant woman with the litter box. It is not a pretty scenario, which is why a self-cleaning litter box will eliminate the risk of contracting the infection.
How to choose the best self-cleaning litter box?
When you go online, you will see several manufacturers, and they will all claim that they produce the best self-cleaning litter box. However, before making a purchase, you should establish what exactly you are looking for. There are several features that make a litter box ideal, and here are a few of them.
- Privacy features – if your cat likes to do its business in private, then you should go for a model that has a hood. That way your cat will have no issues with going in. You may find that funny, but I know a lot of pets that like privacy while ‘on the John.’
- High walls – if you have a cat, then chances are it may like to scatter. A lot of cats do, and the result is a place full of litter. You definitely do not want that, especially in the kitchen, which is why you shout take preventive measures. High walls are the best idea for that.
- Programs – yes, a self-cleaning litter box can be programmed. There are several designs that make a noise when they are running. Take the self-flushing litter box, for example. Do you really want to hear a flush during the night? That is why a litter box that can be programmed to run onlywhile you are awake is an excellent idea.
- Sensors – this is a safety issue more than anything else. You do not want your cat to be in the litter box while it’s cleaning itself. That can lead to injuries, and you do not want your cat to be scarred forever. So, when the cat gets out of the litter box, the motion sensors will catch that, and the litter box will start cleaning. Simple as that.
- Size – this is not a feature of great significance, but if you have more than one cat, you should take it into consideration.
What are the best self-cleaning litter boxes?
Even if you have all the information at hand, you may still be confused and would not know which model to buy. For that reason, I managed to put together information about three self-cleaning litter boxes that I think are suited for almost anybody. Enjoy!
PetSafeScoopFree Self Cleaning Litter Box
The self-cleaning litter box from PetSafe is one of the most popular litter boxes you can find online. It is not difficult to see why. It is reliable, it is affordable, and it does an excellent job at sparing you from scooping the waste yourself. You do not have to scoop, clean, or refill something for weeks. Basically, there are few things you have to do. The disposable leak-proof tray has a lid that ensures a fast and hygienic cleanup.
This litter box is filled with crystal litter. That is known to absorb the urine and dehydrate the waste. Once your cat is done, a motion sensor will activate the comb-like mechanism, and push the waste into the box underneath. That way the litter will be clean at all times, and the smell is eliminated almost instantly. You have the option of purchasing a few accessories as well. Firstly, there is the hood that will provide some privacy for your cat. If you have a shy cat, then the cover is perfect for you. You also have the option of purchasing a mat that will reduce litter tracking. Your house will be clean, and it will smell delightful.
The solid waste is locked away. You do not have to see the waste, or even smell it. Touching it is out of the question. The way I see it, PetSafe provides the perfect secluded bathroom for your cat, and you do not have to move a finger. There are few products on the market that can top that. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
CatGenie Self Washing Self Flushing Cat Box
The CatGenie is simply genius. It is one of those litter boxes that you do not have to touch unless you have to turn it on and off. It is an automatic litter box that not only flushes the waste away, but it also cleans itself do you do not have to do it. From where I stand, it does not get any better than that.
The litter box uses granules that resemble litter so that your cat will not make the difference. You may very well know that cats like to dig and cover their feces. However, what is so special about the granules is that they are entirely washable. You do not have to change the litter anymore. Just as you may expect, you have to connect the CatGenie to a power outlet but to a cold water pipe as well. After all, it needs power and water to flush.
The CatGenie is suitable for no more than three average-sized cats. The package includes a Sani Solution cartridge and one box of washable granules. You also have the option of purchasing a hood for more privacy, and all the accessories can be bought separately. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Nature’s Miracle Multi-Cat Self-Cleaning Litter Box
Nature’s Miracle Litter Box uses the same mechanism as the PetSafe product. It uses a comb-like mechanism that will push the waste into a plastic container at the end of the litter box. Some people prefer to use liners because they say it is less expensive that way, but the containers are washable, so I do not really see the point in doing that.
Nature’s Miracle Litter Box will eliminate not only the physical evidence of a cat going to the bathroom, but it will also eliminate the odor. One of the things people who bought this product are most happy about is that there is no bad odor inside the house anymore. However, the smell does not go away on its own. You need to put and regularly replace the odor control receptacles and carbon filters. You can buy the separately whenever you want.
Another thing that is great about this product is that it is compatible with almost all litter boxes. Of course, you need to pay attention to the specifications and choose the normal size or the multi-cat. But other than that, you do not have to worry about a thing. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
At first, I was tempted to choose the CatGenie because it does not require any effort. However, then I thought about it, and I would hate to hear the litter box everytime the cat goes to do its business. That is why I will go with the PetSafeScoopFree Self Cleaning Litter Box. All you have to do is replace the underneath box once in a while, which is not such a big of an effort. Also, I like the idea of crystal litter. There is no smell, no waste, and let’s not forget about the fact that it looks amazing. For those reasons, I believe this is one of the best self-cleaning litter boxes on the market.
Personally, I love the fact that manufacturers thought of this issue. Nobody likes cleaning after their pet, and the smell can sometimes be horrible. A self-cleaning litter is the best idea since the invention of the litter box, and I am sure that one of the products above will change the way you look at cat litter box. Click here to buy on Amazon
- The Benefits of Kitty Litter Box
- Gossip, Deception and Best Automatic Litter Box
- Best Litter Box Secrets That No One Else Knows About
- Finding the Best Best Cat Litter Box
- The Insider Secret on Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box Uncovered
- Gossip, Lies and Automatic Cat Litter Box
- What You Don’t Know About Cat Litter Box Could Be Costing to More Than You Think
- The Litter Box Game
- Why Everyone Is Talking About Self Cleaning Litter Box
- Automatic Litter Box Secrets That No One Else Knows About
- All About Sifting Litter Box
- Whatever They Told You About Best Kitty Litter Box Is Dead Wrong…And Here’s Why
- The 30-Second Trick for Automated Cat Litter Box
- Reported News on Automatic Litter Box Cleaner Discovered
- What Everybody Dislikes About Automatic Kitty Litter and Why
- The Ultimate Solution for Robot Litter Box You Can Learn About Today
- What Scoopfree Self Cleaning Litter Box Is – and What it Is Not
- Introducing Automatic Cleaning Litter Box
- Best Automatic Cat Litter Box Fundamentals Explained
- The War Against Electronic Litter Box
- Ruthless Self Cleaning Kitty Litter Box Strategies Exploited
- Whatever They Told You About Scoopfree Is Dead Wrong…And Here’s Why
- Automatic Cat Litter Tips & Guide
- What You Should Do to Find Out About Automatic Cat Box Before You’re Left Behind
- Ruthless Electric Cat Litter Box Strategies Exploited
- The Ideal Strategy to Self Cleaning Litter Tray
- A Startling Fact about Self Scooping Litter Box Uncovered
- The Most Neglected Fact Regarding Auto Litter Box Uncovered
- Top Self Cleaning Cat Box Reviews!
- The Undisputed Truth About Automatic Litter Box Reviews That the Experts Don’t Want You to Hear
- The Definitive Strategy for Cat Genie Reviews
- What Absolutely Everyone Is Saying About Automatic Kitty Litter Box and What You Need to Do
- The Characteristics of Electric Litter Box
- Get the Scoop on Scoopfree Litter Box Before You’re Too Late
- Details of Self Cleaning Litter Box Reviews